Mailbag: Home Buildings Costs and the Power of Virtual Staging
Ever thought about building your own home and wondered about the hidden charges? In this episode, we’re answering some listener questions about new home builds. Fisher and Renny, two of our listeners, are considering building their homes, so Angie dives into the costs and the hidden fees that could quickly add up, such as permits, running utilities, and preparing the lot costs.
We’ll also explore the concept of virtual staging in real estate. It’s a cost-effective way to make a home look attractive to potential buyers, and a win-win for everyone involved. Tune in to see what you can learn from this week’s mailbag episode!
Here are the questions Angie answers on today’s show:
- Mailbag: I’m thinking about purchasing land for $100,000 and trying to build a 1,500-2,000 square foot home with a two-car garage for an additional $350,000. Is this realistic? (0:50)
- Mailbag: How much should I budget for labor costs, electrical, water, house permits, etc? (3:38)
- Mailbag: I’m a creative writer. Would it be okay for me to write my own home description for the listing? (5:48)
- Mailbag: Do you think professional staging is important now? Or does virtual staging do the trick? (8:15)
Get In Touch:
- Find out the value of your home! Click Here
- Get answers to questions on home inspections. Click Here!
Angie Cole - Contact - Call: 919-538-6477