Podcast #3: To Move Or Improve?
The Savvy Synopsis
On this edition of the podcast, we feature your questions on improving your current home versus moving and how to find a restful neighborhood.
A Cole Realty Rundown.
- 2:14 - A repeat client sells their investment property, and Angie helps a couple to finally get their home off the market.
- 5:05 - Chance asks whether to improve his current home or move to a new one that already has his desired updates.
- Answer: The trick here is not to over-improve your home for your neighborhood. If you can make a couple of changes without pricing yourself outside of your neighborhood, go for it. However, if your upgrades are more extensive, they could suddenly put you in the largest home on the block. That's not a position you want to land in when trying to sell your home.
- 15:58 - Amber wants to buy a home in an area with a little bit of peace and quiet.
- Answer: Amber, it really depends on your definition of a peaceful and quiet location. I.e. Are you looking for dead silence or simply somewhere in a more low-key part of town? Perhaps it's worth looking in the suburbs of the Triangle. As an example, Holly Springs, Wake Forest, and Zebulon are all communities that are a little more relaxed than downtown Raleigh or Durham. Furthermore, you need to "listen" to your potential property as you're in the buying process. Even if your home isn't next to the freeway, chickens on the farm or airplanes from Raleigh-Durham International Airport might drive you crazy.
- 21:10 - Sally in Chapel has a lot of equity in her home and wants to know if now is a good time to sell.
- Answer: Now is a great time to sell. We're in a seller's market meaning there's more demand than there are homes. This is driving price points through the proverbial roof. Really, it could be a good time to sell for anyone regardless of equity. You might be pleasantly surprised by how much you could get for your home in this market.
Listing Of The Week: 3825 Hickory Manor Drive.
- 9:16 - Click here to view pictures of this home.
- 5 beds, 4 baths, 4,368 square feet.
- Lot Size: 0.59 Acres.
- Brand new energy-efficient home in Blaney Farms neighborhood. Bookshelves. Formal dining room and study. Gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, Granite counter tops, soft close drawers, and butler's pantry. Cozy gas log fireplace in family room. First floor master with huge walk in closet. Master bath with garden tub. 2nd floor bonus. Deck and screened porch. Convenient to restaurants, shopping, and parks. Many energy efficient features. 3 car garage.
Get In Touch:
More From Angie:
The host: Angie - Contact - Call: 919-538-6477